Thursday, August 11, 2011

Pancakes

We had a great day today!  I got up this morning with an idea from my kids Sunday School class about making pancakes.  You take a ketchup or mustard bottle (empty of course) and you put pancake mix in it.  Then you squeeze designs in on the griddle like a smiley face and let it cook for about a minute and then you fill in the rest of the pancake.  When you are done  you flip it over to let the other side cook and boom you got a smiley face pancake staring at you!  :)  We had alot of fun with this and sadly my camera was not charged up so I could not get any pictures.  We did smiley faces, hearts, flower's, Monster Trucks, sail boats and Fire Breathing Dragon's (at least I said it was a fire breathing dragon but they were happy with it!)  LOL!  We had so much fun and it was alot easier than I thought it was.  So you should try it out if you got kids and are looking for something fun to do!  :)

It has been a busy summer we finally got Eric's shed done and got some painting wrapped up in the house.  :)  Which is nice because school will be starting for both Eric and Lance soon so it will be nice to have some peace and quiet while that starts up!  :)  Mom and Dad got moved in to their new home and got some plumbing problems fixed and now they can start some other projects also like painting their log cabin.  They really have a beautiful home.  I am excited for them, it was funny today I was leaving and Mom was on the phone with Benita and she "Well let me go and help get Tonya and the kids get out the door."  Benita told her that, that sounded so weird!  LOL!  :)  Its really neat to be able to go over to their house and I am really thankful they are here its been fun.  :)

Lance is getting ready for school I am so excited for him.  I remember my first day of school and it was an exciting time.  He is kind of out of the toy stage somewhat, he will play with them off and on but he loves to learn!  His big thing is bugs and amphibians right now!  Its really neat to watch him.  He is really working hard on learning to read because he is so ready to read more books!  He said "I just want to read what this says!"  :)  This was when he was looking through a book the other day.
Here is Lance pretending to be a vampire!  :)  He is so funny!  

Jocelyn is doing well she is ready to be the big kid in the house for a bit.  I have noticed that she is starting to enjoy more time alone every now and again.  Which is fine.  She sits and draws or plays by herself.  She also been playing with Grace more which is really neat to see.  She will try and teach Grace how to play dolls and all the good girly stuff!  :)  Its really cute.  She is beginning to show interest in reading so I am going to have to start working with her here soon.  :)  She still has an amazing imagination!  Every night I tell her and Lance what to dream about its so much fun.  Its getting a little hard though to come up with ideas!  LOL!

My beautiful little princess!  :)


Grace has changed TONS!!!  Oh my goodness she changes every day.  She has such and amazing little heart.  I have discovered she likes to help out (even when you don't want it).  She is talking like crazy now its so cute every morning she gets up and she come down the hall and hands me her bottle and says "Mulk!" and then she holds up her blanket and goes "Blanket!"  Then I take the blanket and throw it over her head!  LOL!  We have to do this every morning!  :)  She will just laugh when I do this.  She loves going to Grandma and Grandpa's house and she likes watching Word Girl on PBS!  :)  I think she really likes Captain Huggy Face!  :)  She repeats everything also its really neat.

I love her smile here!  She is so darn Cute!  :)    Good swordswoman too!  LOL!  :)


Dax is changing alot also.  He has learned to clap which is so cute.  I love seeing him try to put those hands together its fun!  :)  He is growing like crazy at 8 months he is already half of Grace's weight!  Grace is solid little girl too!  LOL!  :)  He is standing up though he will not let go of what he is holding on to unless he forgets and then its crash to the floor!  He talks constantly its hysterical and he says something which sounds like "Hi D Hi D" over and over again!  Its funny!  Then of course he says "Da Da Da Da" over and over again.  It is cute to watch Grace and Dax play together.  They will crawl around the house kind of racing each other its really neat.  Today they were over in the corner and it was funny Grace was giving Dax crackers and Mom said it looked like they were meeting secretly!  LOL!  It was really cute.  Its neat to see them talk to each other too.  Grace can be very sweet one moment by hugging him or giving him a kiss on the head and her big thing is she goes "Hi Buddy!"  but then the next minute she will sit on him!  LOL so you have to watch them!  :)  

Hi D!  :) 

Well I am off to bed now!  It has been a fun day of going over to Mom and Dad's and coming home to clean up a bit around the house.  :)  Take Care everyone!  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment