Monday, August 15, 2011

New things

 We had a wonderful day of new things!  :)   The kids have been a little restless lately so I gave them a blanket a bowl of popcorn and two drinks and sent them out the door!  They went out and built a campsite and started pretending they were camping.  They got ATV helmets out which I really don't know what that had to do with anything but they did it!  LOL!  They had a blast together!  I was so proud of them and they played Forever out there!  They even came in and got Barbie's and cars and all sorts of stuff to take out with them it was a good day.  When they were done they came in and had some lunch and then they played with wooden blocks for a good bit, they stopped having fun with that though when Grace was destroying their road!  LOL!  :) Here are some pictures from the campground they built!  :)










Eric surprised us by coming home a little early and when he got home he and Lance worked on Lance's bug collection!  They had a lot of fun hunting up bugs.  :)  Lance is so excited about Bug day this Saturday!  He cannot wait!  I will be sure to the take the camera!  







I am not happy to report this big spider was found in my house!!!!!  Grrrr....It was found in my bedroom!  Of course when I tell the story its way bigger!!! :)


 After Dinner (I have some pictures of what I cooked tonight below this because I didn't want to post my food pictures right after the spider picture!)  LOL!  :)  We did our Bible story time. The kids are learning about Nehemiah in their Sunday School class so we have been working with them on the lesson plan and helping them learn their memory verse.  So tonight we read a little from the Bible and then we read from a story Bible that we bought that is really neat and has gorgeous pictures!  :)   The kids are really enjoying this!  :)



Here is Eric reading from the story Bible to the kids.  :) 

Here is Dax he was asleep while we ate dinner and did our Bible story but I couldn't leave him out!  He is looking pretty Boise State here!  :)  Blue and Orange go Bronco's!  :)  



Here are the pictures of the chicken I cooked tonight it was Amazing!  Even the kids liked it.  We will be doing this dinner again!  :)


This recipe was found on Allrecipes.com and its called Deborah's Grilled Chicken.  I used a 14oz can of diced tomato's instead of the Roma's and I used 4 Tsp of dried Basil instead of the fresh.  I also doubled all the other ingredients since I used the canned tomatoes!  This was sooo good and it was so easy!!!! :)  I would recommend though that if you are cooking with little kids don't leave the cap off of your big thing of dried Basil because sometimes little girls named Grace like to pick up your open spice jar and dump most of the contents in to the already prepared mix so you have to start over!  LOL!  :)  Fun times!  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment