Monday, September 5, 2011

Chores....Really?

So we started a new thing this week!  Eric and I decided to start a chore chart with the kids and we found that well......They LOVE IT!  I have been shocked even little Grace (though slightly grumpy due to losing her bottle) is even enjoying this.  My kids love to help and clean but in the past I was always like "No No I can do it faster you guys go play."  I mean I did let them do some things but most of the time I just did it myself.  So we will see how this goes.  There chores are pretty basic at the moment its more about taking care of themselves like brushing teeth and helping to set/clean the table.  They have some individual chores to do that are special to them like Lance is to take Sara out and put her on her chain so she can go potty and Jocelyn is going to help me with Laundry.  We use smiley stickers and if they do something special or if they go above and beyond to do a special chore they get a heart sticker and they love getting those.  So we will see how it goes.  I just cannot get over how excited they get I wish I shared their enthusiasm some times for cleaning!  LOL!  :)




Lance is done with his first week of school and it went really well.  He LOVES school.  We sit down every day and talk to him about what he learned and he loves telling us about it.  I am shocked that he is actually worn out when he comes home something I never though possible with Lance!  LOL!  I am very proud of him he has done very well.  I am excited about volunteering in his class which I will be able to do starting in the fall.  I am trying to figure out if I want to join the PTA also not sure.  I might attend a meeting and see what it is about.  We have picture day coming up on the 14th and on the 15th its back to school night!  I am so excited about his schooling I think its going to be a fun adventure all you have to do is get involved.  :)


Jocelyn is changing so much without big brother Lance around.  I have discovered she is very quiet!  LOL!  :)  She enjoys playing with Barbie's in her room and likes to color and help me around the house.  I am going to start working with her on some school things starting tomorrow.  I have an art book also that I think I am going to work with her on.  Its a Kumon book learning to draw so I think we will work on that too.  :)


Grace is doing wonderful and she has changed so much.  She is talking like you would not believe and I just cannot get over how much she is changing.  She likes to help out also,  she will open the door for me when I bring Sara back inside and she will even tell Sara to sit for me.  She also takes very good care of Sara and always wants to give Sara a dog bone!  :)  She is a hoot.  Taking her off her bottle has went well and tonight she didn't even ask for one which was awesome!  I always forget the first night is the hardest and then it gets easier.  :)  She is my little Sunshine for sure!  :)


Dax is doing great!  :)  He is just moving along and digging in with the other kids.  :)  He loves his Brother's and Sisters so much you can tell.  He is still clapping his little hands together which I love and is now saying Momma when he is crying at night....I hate to hear him cry but I love to hear him say Momma!!!!! :)  We are also making sure that we include Dax at every meal.  Its easy sometimes to just let him hang out on the floor but even if he only snacks on a cheerios or just sits there its nice to have him as part of the family!  :)



Eric is doing well he is still working through his schooling.  He has a really hard class this semester so he is a little more stressed than normal but is doing good with it.  Its hard because the stress is there because of his class but he is able to get home at a really good (normal) time so that has been awesome!  He works so hard and we are proud of him.  :)

I am doing really well, I am working on organizing my house now and focusing on getting a routine down.  I am enjoying Mom and Dad living closer to us and have had fun sharing some of the things that we have done around here with them.  :)  Mom and Dad look great and they have so much work ahead of them but they are ready for it!  :)  The house they bought just looks more and more beautiful every day.  :)  It has been fun to see them fix it up!  :)


Well I am off of here its time for bed!  Remember you got bored kids get em a chore chart!!!! :)  Sorry there are not any pictures Eric is on the computer and I hate trying to put them on the laptop and get them on here!  LOL!  :)  I will have to do pictures next time!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment