Thursday, September 22, 2011

For Cousin Greg

So this post is dedicated to Cousin Greg who is spurring me on to write in my blog!  :)  Things have been crazy since Lance got in to school or at least it seems like that is when it started!  We have been busy but oddly I love it!  The kids seem to be doing very well with everything even though we run a little bit more than we used to and I am happy about that.  :)  So what is going on you ask...

Lance is doing great in school still!  He still loves it and today just started getting homework to bring home with him on Thursday's.  In October we will be starting the reading program his school (and most schools I believe) offers which he will have to have read to him for at least 200 minutes for the month to earn a pizza from Pizza Hut.  :)  He is very excited about it and wants to invite his teacher to dinner when he gets it!  LOL!  :)   He really likes his teacher and I am excited about that.  He works really hard too.  He has changed so much since he started school it seems like he is growing up so fast.  Its been really neat to watch him.  He is so funny he has made these little books that look like crayons and then they are colored that color.  So next week he starts a purple book he has done red and green so far.  He said "Ummmm....Mommy I have to tell you something......I...its just.....Ummmm...."  I said "Spit it out Lance"  he said "OK I hate the color purple!"  He is not looking forward to doing the book because its going to be purple so I told him to make the book for JoJo!  :)  He seemed to like that idea!  :)  His Birthday is coming up soon and I think JoJo and I have decided we are going to make a spooky pumpkin cake for him for his birthday!  :)  We saw it on the back of the pillsbury halloween cake mix box.  I think he will like that.  Right now he is sitting next me doing Mazes in his maze book.  :)  Lance said to me this morning "Mom why are you brushing my hair is it picture day again?"  I said "No I am just trying to get it to lay down right."  He said "Well you sure are making a fuss over it!"  LOL!  :)

Jocelyn is doing very well getting to be the oldest child at home on some days.  She helps me around the house cleaning (mostly with laundry).  She works very hard and I am very proud of her and in her free time she likes to draw.  Her and Grace are starting to play together more and more its really neat to watch them and I love listening to them especially since Grace is really starting to talk in more complete sentences.  :)  Its pretty cool.  Jocelyn is a good teacher when it comes to teaching Grace how to play princesses.  She also likes to spend some quiet time in her room just coloring or playing on her own.  She sings to herself in the bathroom which is hysterical and she talks to herself while she draws sometimes.  :)  Jocelyn drew me the most gorgeous picture also.  I do believe I will be framing that one!  :)

Grace is my little shadow and my littlest helper. Just when I think Grace is doing she is not supossed to be doing I realize she is opening the door for me or getting something for me.  So I have to kind of watch it with her to be sure I don't tell her no if she is doing something to be helpful.  :)  She is starting to talk more and more and some are complete sentences.  She is so happy and loves to laugh.  Her laugh is hysterical I will have to get it on video and post it.  Think revenge of the nerds only more feminine!  LOL!  :)  She is too cute! She is still taking naps during the day and really likes her naps unlike Lance and JoJo who were done with naps fairly early on.  She did great without the bottle though the first few days she was pretty ticked at me and Eric but what is funny is now she refuses to drink milk period!  She will only drink water and if you try and give her milk in a sippy cup she is just not happy about it.  Its kind of weird and funny at the same time.  Maybe I will have to try chocolate milk with her.  We will see.  :)

Dax is just little crazy man!  He is now standing pretty much on his own  and I am thinking some steps will not be far behind.  Well maybe usually when I say that they crawl or walk 1 to 2 months later.  :) He loves to laugh, smile, talk and clap so he is definetly one of our kids!  :)  He is just a happy little guy and I love that he still puts his head against your head and pushes its so cute.  :)


Eric is still doing the same old same old Sleep, Work and School.  :)  We have figured out that he will be done with his degree in the fall of 2013.  FINALLY!  He was excited to hear that too.  :)  His work is still going well and he loves it.  :)  He just can't wait to be done with classes.  He has been doing homework with the kids which has been fun.  He sits at his desk and does homework and the kids come in and sit and draw or color or work on mazes that kind of stuff.  Though tonight Lance actually had homework to work on with his Dad.  :)  He thought that was pretty cool!  Eric has had a bit of a cold but thankfully it seems like he kicked this cold a little faster this time.  :)  He is working really hard and I am really proud of him.


Finally to myself.  I have been working around our house and helping out Mom and Dad also with some projects at their house.  I enrolled the kids in Awana's on Wednesday at our new church and they love it.  I put in an application to be a helper on Wednesday nights and too my surprise I got ask if I would be willing to teach the two year olds.  I said Sure.  They had 26 two year olds show up the first night of Awana's so it was crazy I guess needless to say.  I showed up last night and I had like 13 or 14 and I have the younger two's, the ones that just turned two.  I had four helpers and it was still a little crazy and since I got ask that day to teach the class it was a little chaotic but oddly I loved it.  All of those little two year olds are so cute.  They were having a hard time getting a two year old teacher because its not really the job anyone wants to do.  I can't say that I blame alot of people when I got in the room we had about 4 or 5 kids all crying for Mom but we got them calmed down pretty quickly.  It was so much fun though and I cannot wait for next week.  The kids love telling me all about it on the way home I love hearing about their day.

 It looks like Lance and I will be kicking up our reading here soon.  I have been reading this chapter book to the kids called Franny K. Stein and the books are hysterical,  I even like them.  They are not long and a very quick read and very cute.  Franny is a mad scientist just trying to get by in school.  In the very first book she tries to change herself to fit in but learns its not always easy.  Its a good read.  They are written by a guy named Jim Benton and there are a few different books about little Franny.

Right now I am looking in to the world of meal planning ( I like doing it but I hate taking the time to do it) and I am doing my Prayer Warriors Bible study again and I am starting one on the book of Ester by Beth Moore so it should be neat.  :)  Busy Busy I guess but I have my fair share of lazy times too.  :)

Lots of fun things are waiting for us I can't wait to see what else is out there!  :)  Oh I am also going to sign up to be a volunteer on Thursday's in Lance's class.  :)  It will not be every Thursday but it will be fun and we had a great time at back to school night.  Eric sat in Lance's seat at school and he said he is going to fill out a volunteer form also to come in and help out every once in a great while.  I think that will be good to see Dad's in the class room.  I know there was one other Dad that signed up and seemed pretty nice too.  :)

Well I am off to bed, I hope this is a good read for you Greg!  :)

Good night all,
Tonya :)

No comments:

Post a Comment